Whether a child is being home-schooled or going to school, the home is a child’s first learning environment and the parents are a child’s first and most important learning companions. Providing all that a child needs for ideal development in the home can become a very rewarding experience as well as a challenge to grow and learn together with a child.
I’m available to support families and homeschooling families with my expertise in child-centered education. In your home we can create wonderful child-directed play and learning opportunities. We can transform the area dedicated to play into a true learning oasis with lots of fun learning invitations. A well-prepared YES environment naturally supports your child’s emotional and cognitive development towards healing, flow experiences, and fulfilling learning moments.
During my in-home consultations I offer:
– Introductions to child-centered education regarding your child’s emotional and cognitive stages of development to help you develop a deep understanding of your child’s genuine needs and how you can meet them in the home
– Hands-on help with rearranging your existing play areas to enable your child to play and learn independently
– Choosing Montessori, Waldorf, Reggio Emilia, Froebel and other effective play and learning materials to naturally support literacy, numeracy, spacial and logical thinking as well as creativity and love for learning
– Providing introductions to new learning materials to help you create ongoing inspiration and intrinsically rewarding learning experiences
– Ongoing suggestions to help you update your play room and offer ever more inspiration as your child grows
– Arranging purposeful outdoor play and learning environments
– Setting healthy boundaries in a loving and effective way
– Advise for the family in all matters regarding your child’s education