CHILDREN’S RIGHTS POSTER
Available in English, Italian, and German
” The Rights of Children in School”
“I diritti dei bambini a scuola”
“Die Rechte von Schulkindern”
This poster was created in collaboration with Sybille Tezzele-Kramer, teacher extraordinaire, former school founder and homeschooling mother of two boys. Check out her magical art and amazing homeschooling tools:
All the children have the right to do the following:
- Go to the toilet when needed.
- Have drinking water available.
- Move the body when needed.
- Learn to take care of personal needs.
- Learn and process emotions through play.
- Learn through exploration, trial, and error.
- Make mistakes and not be judged or shamed.
- Learn at a personal pace.
- Fully understand a subject before being tested.
- Not to be tested involuntarily. Instead, share knowledge by free choice, only when ready to receive feedback on learning progress.
- Not to be punished. Instead, children should be respectfully encouraged to become more self-disciplined.
- Not to be compared with peers. Instead, acknowledged as an individual student with individual talents, opinions, and characteristics.
- Not to be judged for being different.