As a former teacher and educational director of two innovative schools, I intimately understand the challenges of offering child-centered environments – and I am convinced of the outstanding benefits of this approach, so long as certain basic guidelines are implemented.
My passion is to assist educators and parents with my experience, tools, and know-how and help establish long-lasting, thriving learning places. School consulting is customized to your school community’s specific needs. You can choose any or all of the following packages and topics.
• Enjoy a FREE 20 min INTRODUCTORY CALL
• Get inspired with a 1 hr PHONE / SKYPE CONSULTATION
• Get ongoing support with a PACKAGE OF PHONE / SKYPE SESSIONS
• Get deeper with an IN-PERSON VISIT to your school or homeschooling center
• WORKSHOPS & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT for teachers, directors, and schools
• OFFERING CHILD-DIRECTED LEARNING SUCCESSFULLY
Encourage child-directed learning and support children in self-correcting, self-improving, being creative, and finding their own solutions.
• USING NLC NON-INVASIVE TEACHING METHODS
Explore a variety of NLC non-invasive teaching methods based on Maria Montessori, Rebeca Wild, and other educators to provide individual and small group lessons.
• SETTING HEALTHY BOUNDARIES RESPECTFULLY
Create opportunities for teaching social skills by communicating boundaries efficiently and respectfully. Explore the many alternatives to punishment and reward methods.
• ENHANCE TEACHER TEAM COLLABORATION
Enhance team collaboration and communication skills development through play and increased awareness of the inner child in everyone.
• DESIGNING AND EXPANDING CHILD-DIRECTED LEARNING ENVIRONMENTS
Together we prepare your custom learning environments for math, language, foreign languages, arts and crafts, educational and healing pretend play, movement, and practical skill development.
•PROVIDING HANDS-ON LEARNING MATERIALS
Learn where to buy, how to craft, and how to use hands-on learning materials from Montessori, Froebel, Steiner, Rebeca Wild and others to use in your preschool, elementary, and middle school environments.
• INTRODUCING TEACHING STAFF AND PARENT BODY TO THE PHILOSOPHY AND BENEFITS OF CHILD-DIRECTED LEARNING
I work with your community to co-create deeper understanding of and realistic expectations for children’s natural ways of learning.
• GUIDING TEACHING STAFF THROUGH ANY TOPIC OR TOPICS OFFERED IN THE NLC ONLINE COURSE
In a single session or in a series of professional development workshops, I can focus on desired subject matter from the online curriculum.
• CO-CREATING OR RE-WRITING YOUR SCHOOL’S MISSION
If your vision for your school invites creation or revision of a mission statement to serve as a beacon to the further advancement of child-directed learning, non-invasive teaching, and child-friendly academics, I provide ongoing consulting services in whatever process and structure you choose to create.
I consider it an honor to help you with your endeavors for a more child-friendly world. Please contact NLC if you would like to schedule a consultation or a FREE 20-minute phone call to discuss your school’s needs.
I look forward to hearing from you! Please contact me per email to schedule a free phone introduction, and for all other inquiries.